$270 Members / $295 Future Members
If you are just starting out in the HR profession, perform HR duties as a part of a non-HR job, or want to boost your supervisory skillset, then please join us for this comprehensive, full-day seminar to learn the basic components of the Human Resources function and best practices in today’s workplace. By attending, you will improve your ability to handle challenging HR issues, learn ways to help reduce costs and avoid potential lawsuits.
What You Will Learn:
- Broad overview of the human resource function
- Payroll, Benefits, Recruitment, Employee Relations, and Performance Improvement
- Review of “best practices” recruitment/staffing processes and strategies
- Review of basic legislation and court cases in the HR field
- FLSA, EEO, OSHA, FMLA, ADA and HIPAA
- HR investigation processes: Do’s and Don’ts
- Review of corporate communication strategies: Goals and objectives
- Compensation, and benefits information/issues for staff at all levels
- Employee orientation, onboarding, and training strategies
- Performance appraisals and performance metrics: The good, the bad and the ugly
- Strategies for dealing with performance issues
Steve Muth, owner of HR Bones, a Human Resources consulting and training firm, is a Human Resources professional with over 30 years of experience working in industry and government. Steve has a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology and a Master’s in Human Resources and Labor Relations, both from Michigan State University. He also holds two certificates in HR: Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) and Senor Certified Professional (SCP), the highest levels of certification.
Six (6) credits for the MI Chamber Basic or Advanced Human Resource Compliance Certification Program.
Five-and-a-half (5.5) HR (General) recertification credit hours for PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
Five-and-a-half (5.5) PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.